Last Updated on March 23, 2021 by laaAdmin
The Livingston Alumni Association (LAA) honored two faculty members and six alumni from the former Livingston College of Rutgers University-New Brunswick, at an awards dinner on Tuesday, March 20, 2018, held at the Rutgers Club at the Livingston Dining Commons.
In photo, from left: Carlyle E. Shelton Jr., Dr. Everette Penn, Marie Varghese, Jeanie Bryson with her granddaughter Ayanna Jean Bryson, Staci Berger, Michael Greenberg and Robert W. Snyder.
Printed program from the event. (PDF file)
We honored two faculty members who played a key role in the establishment and growth of Livingston College and its mission, and who have contributed to the overall Rutgers and global communities, with the Livingston Legacy Award:
Michael R. Greenberg, Interim Dean and Professor of the Edward J. Bloustein School of Public Policy at Rutgers University-New Brunswick.
Wells Hamilton Keddie (1925-2006), a Professor of Labor Studies and Employment Relations at Rutgers University-New Brunswick (posthumous, pictured at left).
We also honored six Livingston College Distinguished Alumni who have distinguished themselves by contributions they have made in their chosen fields of endeavor, by the leadership they have exhibited, and by the general benefits to the larger society resulting from their activities:
- Staci Berger, LC’94, EJB/GSNB’04*, Housing and community development advocate
- Jeanie Bryson, LC’81, Jazz/pop/Latin vocalist
- Dr. Everette Penn, LC’91, Criminology professor; race/youth/justice scholar
- Carlyle E. Shelton Jr., LC’80, Deputy Inspector General, U.S. Marine Corps
- Robert W. Snyder, LC’77, Professor, American studies and Journalism
- Marie Varghese, LC’03, College advisor and social justice advocate
Our thanks to:
- Kenny Hinds, Facebook Live videographer;
- Luis Largo, photographer;
- The Rutgers Club;
- Zimmerli Art Museum, for donating the gift book HereNow to the honorees;
- Student guests/presenters: Amanda Batista, Peter Carkhuff, Colin Chehanske, Nicoletta Eby, Lauren Forsman, Dezzie Ligon and Rajanpreet Pannu. Student attendance was made possible through financial support received from the Rutgers University Alumni Association.
- Michelle Josias, event chairperson;
- Mindy Hoffman, audio interviews;
- Jason Goldstein and Iris Martinez-Campbell, printed programs;
- LAA board members in attendance/event committee members, in addition to those listed above: Rosemary Agrista, Jeffrey Armus, Debra O’Neal, Eric Schwarz, Marty Siederer and Derek Young.
* Rutgers University acronyms for its colleges/schools include: LC (Livingston College), EJB (Edward J. Bloustein School of Public Policy), and GSNB (Graduate School-New Brunswick).